There are many alternatives while selecting a postgraduate program for students in almost every stream. It often confuses students to choose the right postgraduate course to follow the career path for their goals. The most frequently considered and mainly selected by students with a background in Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech), Bachelor of Engineering (BE) or Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) is Masters of Business Administration (MBA). These are mostly the popular choices of courses for aspirants after 12th. Usually, the trend is science students opt for B.tech or BE, and BBA course is the choice for commerce students.
At the same time, a student good at mathematics and computer (programming) opts for BCA. All of these courses can prove to be excellent choices for undergraduate courses. However, opting for a postgraduate course like MBA can make you reflect on your undergraduate study. In this case, the question arises whether it is equally beneficial to choose an MBA after B.Tech, Engineering, BBA or BCA. The infographic listed below explains the benefits of MBA no matter what undergraduate degree holder you are.
When choosing an MBA, it is essential first to identify your career goals and define your interests. The infographic explains that irrespective of the undergraduate course, choosing an MBA can help you with an excellent career scope and potential salary aspects. Let us examine how, after each of these courses, pursuing an MBA can be a good option.
Why MBA After B.Tech is a Good Option
The following reasons highlight why B.Tech graduates should opt for MBA,
- MBA programs prepare you to take up the hierarchical managerial and leadership roles
- MBA programs help you gain managerial expertise
- MBA enables you to equip yourself with both technical and business management skills
- B.Tech graduates after MBA degrees usually command higher salaries
- An MBA degree further add strategic and qualitative skills to become a prospective employer
- It widens the horizon of job opportunities
- An MBA helps enhance your personality and hone your communication skills
According to the GMAC 2018 Corporate Recruiters Survey Report, 81% of companies planned to hire MBA graduates. Also, 52% are planning to increase MBA starting salaries.
Why MBA After Engineering
Here are some reasons why engineering graduates choose an MBA,
- An MBA helps engineers learn the art of management
- It enables you to develop a holistic perspective and understand business as a whole
- Engineering education followed by MBA is required to gain traction for your career
- MBA programs are a great way to supplement your learning experience
- It allows you to stretch your cultural and intellectual horizons and will help you gain a varied perspective
- MBA helps engineers become a better entrepreneur to create a profitable business
- With an MBA degree, job prospects increase multifold to work with multinational corporations and big national brands
According to the National Employability Report 2016, only 8% of engineering graduates are eligible for hardcore engineering jobs.
Why MBA After BBA
The benefits of doing MBA after BBA can be summed up as,
- The subjects taught in MBA are the detailed versions of those learned in BBA
- The topics in MBA are more in-depth and have a professional approach
- Identify the industry verticals you are interested in and choose the right MBA course
- Pursuing an MBA after BBA serves as a career catapult
- BBA helps students learn business and education skills and MBA helps them learn management skills
According to a report by the US Census Bureau, MBA graduates earn more than 50% or more per year than an undergraduate degree holder.
Why MBA After BCA
The following points explain why MBA after BCA is a good option,
- MBA helps you to grow professionally and enhance your knowledge
- The combination of BCA and MBA courses help you get into managerial roles in IT/ITES firms
- The candidates have both technical as well as organisational skills
- It opens the door for better job opportunities and good salary packages too
- MBA nurtures various logical and analytical methods in a candidate
- MBA helps you become a team member, a leader and manage people well
MBA is a very versatile degree and can open up a list of career opportunities floating in a wide range of sectors.