- Consultant Trainer - Independent professional, working with clients across industries/ geographies
primarily in the area of Customer Service(1994 - present).
- Wipro Corporation - Head, CHRD(1991 - 1994).
- The Taj Group of Hotels - Started in Hotel Operations, moved to Training(1986 - 1991).
Strengths - Services Management
- Deep expertise
- More than 20 years of experience in the area of building 'customer-centric' cultures, managing 'service excellence'
- Experience is rich - with both practical and academic underpinnings.
- Worked with organisations like Philips, Oracle, Deutsche Bank, Vodafone,Novartis, Aon Hewitt Consulting and Accenture
- With a PhD in this area, and having taught B-school students for
more than 12 years, practice is enhanced with a strong academic/
- Wide range of industry experience
- Worked with organisations in Telecom, Tech Support, Pharma,
Financial Services/operations, Healthcare, Hospitality, Government, FMCG
- Can relate to any organisational/ industry context very comfortably
- Delivered to audiences from across the world
- Have offered workshops in Asia Pacific/ Indian Ocean (Japan, S
Korea, Australia, China,Taiwan, Singapore, Philippines, India,
Seychelles), Europe (Germany, UK) and the USA
- Received very positive feedback on both content and methodology from all geographies
- Offer services in three areas -
- Transformation programmes - working with senior leadership to build/ operationalise a 'service strategy'
- Service management tools - provide selected managers/ executives with tools and other support for them to implement customer-centricity initiatives
- Create shared alignments/ mindsets - cascading workshops to help individuals reflect, brainstorm, share and commit themselves to 'customer centricity'
- Member, Business & Executive Coaching Foundation of India
- Is a certified Executive Coach, and has provided executive coaching
services to senior leadership - both organisation-sponsored as well as
- Coached managers from Accenture, Bosch, Schneider Electric, Vodafone, HP & Aditya Birla Group
- Kasturi, Anand (1996) Working at it - there's more to service than meets the eye. Praxis V1 N2, Oct-Dec, pp68 - 73
- Kasturi, Anand (2003) Internal Processes in Services and Customer Relationships. IIMB Management Review V15 N3, Sep, pp82 - 88
- Ojha, Abhoy K, and Kasturi, Anand (2005) 'Successful' Call Centre
Employees: Understanding Employee Attributes and Performance Evaluation
Processes. IIMB Management Review V17 N2, Jun, pp 93 - 102
- Mahesh, V S, and Kasturi, Anand (2006) Improving Call Centre Agent
Performance: a UK-India study based on the agents' point of view.
International Journal of Service Industry Management V17 N2, pp 136 –
Research & Teaching Experience
- Teach B-school students Services Marketing & Management at IIM
Bangalore (1998 onwards), and other B-schools (IIM Udaipur, Woxsen
School of Business)
- Doctoral research in the area of Service Management – the frontline
service employee (call centre agents), across two sites - one each in
India and the UK (1998 - 2004)
- Research seminar offered at the University of Buckingham (jointly with Dr Tony Lawson) on Critical Realism (2004)
- Presented a talk on "The Effective Call Centre Agent" at Cornell University, Ithaca, NY (2004)
- Supervised student work in the area of services management at IIM
Bangalore (2005) and the University of Buckingham (2004 - 2005)
- Presented a talk on Motivation and Quality to design students of Stanford University (2007)