Digitalization has rapidly become a crucial reality that impacts all business sectors and all spheres of life. Management schools face the challenge of creating leaders who can harness the power of digital transformation which will be reshaping the way businesses operate in the coming decades.
The role of IIMU's Centre for Digital Enterprise (CDE) is to create and sustain a dynamic environment for thought leadership in all aspects of digital transformation. CDE will enable the Institute to focus its various activities relating to digital transformation across programs and academic disciplines, to create new initiatives and partnerships, and to expand research opportunities.
Programs and teaching
- To spearhead the creation of a new one-year master in digital enterprise management,
- The minimum requirement for entry into this digital business course would be 3 years of experience in technology/analytics/coding as well as a satisfactory GMAT or GRE score
- In addition to providing core courses in management fundamentals across disciplines including finance and accounting, economics, marketing, organizational behaviour and strategy, the MBA digital business program would provide intensive specialization in analytics-related subjects and new technologies related to digital transformation
- To produce graduates fluent in both the language of business and the language of digital enterprise
- To provide a platform for course design, content and pedagogy relating to digital transformation across IIMU programs.
- To work with the various areas to develop and expand the range of electives relating to digital transformation offered to students across IIMU programs.
- To use the most innovative concepts and methodologies in the field of master in Digital Business to develop practice-oriented courses.
Collaborations with Industry Partners
- To engage with globally renowned technology partners to foster opportunities for joint research, experimentation of new ideas and knowledge creation.
- To leverage these relationships to impact teaching and encourage knowledge diffusion.
- To partner with industry to undertake projects and activities focused on the strategic and practical challenges of managing the digital enterprise.
- To involve accomplished industry practitioners as guest lecturers or in other capacities.
- To create opportunities for industry to engage with students for live projects and internships relating to digital transformation as well as final placements.
- To make a significant contribution to the overall knowledge base relating to the management of the digital enterprise.
- To actively promote core and applied research projects by IIMU faculty relating to digital transformation.
- To generate ideas for research in partnership with industry as an integral part of the collaborations noted above.
- To provide support to visiting academics and practitioners undertaking related research.
To develop cases and other materials relating to digital enterprise to help fill an increasing need in this area.Digital Enterprise Management Program