As one of India's premier management institutes, IIM Udaipur recognizes the importance of
keeping abreast of management practice and drawing on the wealth of experience
available in the corporate sector.
IIMU now offers a unique opportunity for highly experienced and accomplished
management professionals to be a part of a leading management institute in the role
of Professors of Practice.
Professors of Practice will be expected to teach in different
programs as per the norms of the Institute; to be involved in case writing; to take part in
academic administration and promoting industry-institute linkages through a wide range of
activities including participation in placement related activities. Based on the experience and
interests of selected candidates, the Director of IIMU, in consultation with the concerned area
coordinator, will decide on a portfolio of activities for each candidate.
Candidates selected for the position are expected to join the Institute on a full-time
basis and involve themselves fully in Institutional activities.
- Required qualification is a Master's degree (or equivalent professional qualification) from a reputed national and international institution.
- Candidates should have not less than 15 years of managerial or professional experience and should have worked in senior management positions for at least 5 years.
- Candidates with non-business degrees such as Master's in Psychology,
Master's in Social Work, Chartered Accountant, etc. would also be considered.
- PhD (FPM) is desirable but not essential. However, a lack of PhD must be
offset by demonstrated domain knowledge, obtained from deep experience in
- Depending on the relevant years of experience, the selected candidate would be
offered a position of "Associate Professor of Practice" or "Professor of Practice".
- The selected candidates would receive a consolidated salary. The overall
compensation will be equivalent to that of a regular Associate Professor or Full Professor
Duration and nature of engagement:
This is a contractual appointment. The offer would be for an initial period of three years
and would be extendable for a period of up to five years based on performance.
- Candidates would be shortlisted based on qualification, work experience,
demonstrated interest in academic activities and statement of purpose.
- Shortlisted candidates would be invited to IIMU to present a recruitment
seminar and personal interaction with a selection committee. The faculty
recruitment seminar would not necessarily be in the form of a research seminar
but would focus broadly on the richness of industry experience.
- Most recent resume
- Work experience documents
- Appointment letter(s) from all companies
- Relieving letter(s) from previous companies, if applicable
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Your SOP should showcase your strengths and provide an overview of your background, goals, and academic and professional aspirations
- It should be a minimum of 500 words
- Your SOP should answer the following two questions and can also cover any other subjects you wish to include:
- What motivated you to apply for this position?
- How will you contribute to the Institute?
General Information and Conditions
- Positions will remain open until filled. Applications
received will be reviewed once a month against positions not filled.
- Candidates are advised to visit the IIMU website regularly for updates.
- The Institute reserves the right not to fill any position or select any
candidate without assigning any reason.
- Salary is negotiable. The scales are indicative. IIM Udaipur would be open to
considering an appropriate salary (either lower or higher than the scale mentioned)
for the deserving candidate.
- Merely fulfilling the minimum qualifications and experience will not confer on
any candidates the right to be called for an interview or to be selected.
- The Institute will communicate only with shortlisted candidates.
- No correspondence will be entertained during the process.
- Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification.
- The date of joining for selected candidates will be subject to mutual agreement.
- Return economy airfare will be paid for attending the interview.
- Candidates are required to apply online.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.