As a leading Indian management institute, IIM Udaipur recognizes the importance of
keeping abreast of management practice and drawing on the wealth of experience
available in industry.
IIMU now offers a unique opportunity for highly experienced and accomplished
management professionals to be a part of a leading management institute in the role
of Professors of Practice.
Candidates selected for the position are expected to join the institute on a full time
basis and involve themselves fully in Institutional activities.
- Required qualification is a Master's degree (or equivalent professional qualification) from a reputed institution with not less than 15 years of managerial
or professional experience.
- Candidates should have worked in senior management positions for at least 5
- Preferred academic qualification is an MBA or equivalent from a reputed
national or international institution.
- Candidates with non-business degrees such as Master's in Psychology,
Master's in Social Work, Chartered Accountant, etc. would also be considered.
- PhD (FPM) is desirable but not essential. However, a lack of PhD must be
offset by demonstrated domain knowledge, obtained from deep experience in
Expectation from selected candidates:
Teaching in different programes as per the norms of the Institute, case writing,
academic administration and promoting industry-institute linkages through a wide
range of activities including participation in placement related activities. Based on
the experience and interests of selected candidates, the Director of IIMU, in
consultation with concerned area coordinator, will decide on a portfolio of activities
for the selected candidates.
- Depending on the relevant years of experience, the selected candidate would be
offered a position of "Associate Professor of Practice" or "Professor of Practice".
- The selected candidates would receive a consolidated salary. The overall
compensation of "Associate Professor of Practice" or "Professor of Practice" will be
equivalent to that of a regular Associate Professor or Full Professor.
Duration and nature of engagement:
This is a contractual appointment. The offer would be for an initial period of three years
and is extendable for a period of up to 5 years based on performance.
- Shortlisting of candidates based on qualification, work experience,
demonstrated interest in academic activities and statement of purpose.
- Shortlisted candidates would be invited to IIMU to present a recruitment
seminar and personal interaction with a selection committee. The faculty
recruitment seminar would not necessarily be in the form of a research seminar
but would focus broadly on richness of industry experience.
- Most recent resume
- Work experience documents
- Appointment letter(s) from all companies
- Relieving letter(s) from previous companies, if applicable
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Your SOP should showcase your strengths and provide an overview of your background, goals, and academic and professional aspirations
- It should be a minimum of 500 words
- Your SOP should answer the following two questions and can also cover any other subjects you wish to include:
- What motivated you to apply for this position?
- How will you contribute to the Institute?
General Information/Conditions for all Positions:
- All positions will remain open until filled. After the due date, applications
received will be reviewed once a month against positions not filled.
- Candidates are advised to visit the IIMU website regularly for updates.
- The Institute reserves the right not to fill any / all position(s) / or select any
candidate without assigning any reason.
- Salary is negotiable. The scales are indicative. IIM Udaipur would be open to
consider an appropriate salary (either lower or higher than the scale mentioned)
for the deserving candidate.
- Merely fulfilling the minimum qualifications and experience will not confer on
any candidates the right to be called for an interview or to be selected.
- The Institute will communicate only with shortlisted candidates.
- No correspondence will be entertained during the process.
- Canvassing in any form will result in disqualification.
- The date of joining for selected candidates will be subject to mutual agreement.
- Return economy airfare will be paid for attending the interview.
- Candidates are required to apply online.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.