DOWNLOAD BROCHUREConnect with Admission consultant
1. What is the objective of starting a new program called Digital Enterprise Management (DEM)?
- DEM is designed to equip management students to develop knowledge, skill and confidence to conceive, lead and execute innovative and competitive initiatives involving technologies and data. The premise is that the digital revolution is rapidly disrupting and transforming the fundamental nature of many business activities across industries. Entrepreneurs, top executives and general managers need to develop new thinking and management styles to adapt to a new paradigm of business economics, strategies and operating management practices in a digital-centric business environment.
- Students wishing to pursue careers in management in businesses that predominantly leverage the powers of digital technologies for business development and sustenance will benefit from this course. It could be related to new products or services launched by an established organization or entrepreneurial start-ups, consulting and venture capital firms.
2. How is DEM different from other courses on Digital Management?
- DEM is a program designed to develop skills, knowledge and perspectives for the digital era. Digital implies the use of technology and data in the context of management of day-to-day operations and decision making at strategic and tactical levels. The curriculum, therefore, emphasizes on the study of impact on prevailing practices and create new management challenges which require new kinds of thinking and leadership.
- Most digital courses currently offered are oriented towards improving skills related to a tool or function and generally of short-term duration. DEM's premise is to help students develop an overarching thinking on digital technologies to develop business strategies and their execution capabilities. Students will learn how to leverage technologies' strengths and anticipate new challenges that emerge on account of their usages.
3. How in-depth is the curriculum in Analytics? Will a graduate be suitable for the role of Data Scientist after doing this program?
- Data Scientist's role is a highly evolved role integrating the knowledge of mathematics and statistics, technology and business domain (functional understanding). The objective of the analytics course in DEM is to sensitize students on the usage of data in decision making in the context of a digital environment. The focus will be on How, What and Why of data, including management of its complexities, volumes and understanding policies of privacy, applicability, etc., for arriving at business-related decisions.
- Therefore, analytics in DEM courses will develop managerial perspectives on analyzing trends and understanding their impact on business activities. However, learning shall encompass the understanding of math, statistics and technology tools used in analytics. Application of analytics in the context of business is the objective of including analytics as part of DEM.
4. What kind of projects will a student get to do? Does a student need to have software development skills for doing them?
- Scope of projects will generally be at the intersections of industry, business process or function(s), and technology. Students will understand how technologies are adopted, implemented and exploited in given business situations. The focus will be on the management side of such technologies, with technology viewed as an enabler of strategy, efficiency and scale.
- Projects requiring basic knowledge of technology or software development cannot be completely ruled out. Hence, in such cases, DEM will ensure that each team will have at least one member with the necessary skillset that will address the technical needs of the project.
- Software development skills or prior experience in digital are not a prerequisite for this program.
5. Who will be teaching the courses in DEM? What will be the faculty's profile?
- DEM is a program that has been conceptualized through interactions with industry professionals and business leaders. The emphasis on understanding management principles in the context of digital business has been highlighted by practitioners, who wish to see graduates being able to apply management principles involving data, technology and people. Thus, the program is structured to draw on academicians, researchers and practitioners to teach various aspects of management in the digital context. Industry professionals and adjunct faculty are also involved in the development and delivery of the pedagogy.
- The involvement of practitioners substantially increases from Term 1 to Term 3.
6. How does this program enable experiential learning?
- The curriculum includes a range of learning methods including the traditional case study approach, modern techniques of simulation, business models and frameworks, as well as intensive lab work, which consists of students completing two projects on Analytics and Technology. This practice is unprecedented in a one-year program. Students get a glimpse of solving real-life problems using data and technology tools and are thus able to experience and appreciate the impact of digitalization.
7. Do students get the opportunity to be involved in any research projects under any faculty?
- Research activities are part of the research program. The one-year program is packed with learning and co-curricular activities that will leave very little time to engage in serious research that the faculty will be working on.
8. What would be the mode of teaching for the next academic year?
- The mode of teaching will depend on the pandemic situation that exists at the time, and the decision will be based on guidelines received from the Central and/or State Government. We believe, with the vaccination drive and greater awareness of personal healthcare, cleanliness and social distancing, that classroom teaching appears to be a good possibility in the coming year.
9. Do the DEM graduates receive an MBA degree?
- IIM Udaipur and other IIMs are working together to address the concerns of the Ministry of Education related to the one year MBA programs. Depending on this engagement, the final structure of the program (Degree/Diploma) will be decided.
- As per current practice, IIMU is offering an MBA degree in the DEM programme.
10. Is there a summer internship in the one year DEM program?
- There is no summer internship as a part of the DEM program.
11. Is this an executive MBA program?
- This is not a programme where students can be learning and working at the same time. It is a full-time, residential* program for professionals with at least three years of prior work experience.
- *Residential - By design the programme is meant to be face-to-face on campus. On account of the pandemic, the classes are conducted online. Once the government clears the policy on on-campus teaching, students will be expected to attend classes on campus. Until then, from time to time, the institute will communicate to the students about their on-campus residential status.
1. What are the career prospects after completion of the one year MBA program in DEM?
- Across industries, there are two kinds of organizations – Native Digital and Going Digital. The former are companies using digital technologies as part of their underlying business platforms, and hence are digitally savvy. Such companies need managers completely oriented to digital ways of operations management, customer experience management, product management and supply chain management. Since such companies also digitalize hiring, compensation and benefits and appraisal processes, they require appropriately skilled managerial staff for human resources management as well.
- The other set of organizations – Going Digital – are existing traditional companies that have either already embarked on their digitalization efforts or have them on the anvil. Such organizations look for people with skills to assess the impact of digitalization and manage the transformation.
- DEM intends to prepare students for critical managerial roles involving digital technologies for the development of new products and services. For instance, offering management consulting services for digital transformations, making assessments of digital capabilities as part of an investment or venture firm or to even transform their personal goals from employment to entrepreneurship.
2. Is the placement process for the DEM program the same as the process for other programs at IIMU?
- IIMU provides campus placement opportunities to candidates from all programs. IIMU's corporate relations team of dedicated professionals oversees the recruitment process for all programs. Under their supervision, the student corporate relations committee for each program facilitates all interactions with the companies. The dates and other modalities for the recruitment process vary for the different programs.
3. What roles have graduates been offered?
- Students graduating from the DEM program have been recruited for various roles like Analytics, Consulting and Information Technology.
4. When do the placements start in the one year DEM program?
- The placements for the DEM program usually start in November or December. Companies have the option of using a pre-placement presentation.
5. How was the placement scenario last year? What was the average salary offered?
- Prominent recruiters included Accenture Strategy & Consulting, CGI Inc., Cognizant, Deloitte, LatentView Analytics, Persistent Systems and ThoughtWorks. The average remuneration offered was Rs. 19.28 lakhs per annum with the highest salary being Rs. Rs 29.67 lakhs per annum.
1. What is the criteria for admission to the IIM Udaipur Digital Enterprise Management Program?
- Minimum of 10+2 years of school education and three years of university education with a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline
- Valid GMAT score, or valid GRE score, or CAT scores of tests taken in 2018 or later.
- Minimum full-time work experience of 36 months as of February 28, 2022
2. What are the selection criteria for admission?
- There are two broad criteria for selection. Academic and professional track-records are part of the objective criteria for selection. The other elements include communication skills, problem-solving abilities and aptitude towards structured and unstructured methods of working.
3. I have many years of experience in my private business. Am I eligible for this program?
- If you meet the admission criteria, you can apply for the program. You may share the details of your experience with the Admissions Office and seek clarification.
4. Are there any scholarships or financial aid options available?
- There are no scholarships available for one year MBA programs at IIM Udaipur. However, many of the major banks in India provide loans to cover most of the tuition fees and program expenses at IIMs. Details concerning rates of interest and other loan conditions should be confirmed directly with the banks.
5. Is there a cut-off score for the GMAT/GRE/CAT for DEM?
- No, there is no particular cut-off score of the GMAT/GRE/CAT for DEM at IIM Udaipur. A valid score is required for admissions.
6. What is the validity period for a GMAT/GRE/CAT score?
- The validity period for a GMAT/GRE score to apply for the DEM program is five years. For CAT, scores of tests taken in 2018 or later are valid.
7. Is it preferable to submit GRE or GMAT or CAT when applying for the DEM program?
- All the scores are equally valid for admission in the DEM program. Candidates can submit the scores of any of the exams of their choice.
8. Does the entire application need to be completed within one session?
- No, applicants can save their application.
9. Does IIMU conduct GD/Personal Interview as part of the admission process?
- A Personal Interview is part of the admission process for the DEM program at IIM Udaipur. Interested candidates must fill in the online application form. Applicants are then shortlisted based on the eligibility criteria and called for the second round where they are screened through a personal interview. An offer of admission is made based on a candidate's academic profile, work experience, score in GMAT/GRE/CAT and personal interview.
10. Does the DEM program require candidates to have prior experience in a digital enterprise?
- The program doesn't require any prior experience in a digital enterprise for admission.
11. How much time does a student have to accept or decline an admission offer?
- Once the offer is made, generally a candidate has a span of around two weeks to accept or decline the admission offer.
12. How can an applicant pay the application fee?
- All payments are to be done through online modes of payments like Internet Banking, Debit Card, etc.
1. What are the facilities at IIMU for students?
- IIM Udaipur campus occupies 300 acres in Balicha about 8 km from the centre of Udaipur. The campus has state of the art classrooms and WIFI. Students are provided with air-conditioned accommodation. The campus has a fully equipped gym and other recreational facilities. The master plan for IIM Udaipur's campus has been awarded GRIHA's 5 Star LD rating which is the highest level of rating for large developments. There is an atrium for Yoga, a room for meditation, a 24X7 medical centre, an ATM and eateries.
DOWNLOAD BROCHUREConnect with our counsellor
2. Do One year MBA students get to be a part of the various student bodies?
- Yes. Campus life at IIMU is vital and active with a myriad of student clubs and committees. Functional and professional clubs, cultural clubs, sports and hobby clubs, social outreach – IIMU has it all. Several student-run cells and committees also facilitate activities throughout the year. Students can explore their interests and passions, develop life-long bonds and relationships and hone their leadership skills.