- Gold Medalist of his batch of 1980 at IIM Bangalore and Winner of the Glaxo Marketing Scholar of the year at IIM Bangalore.
- Recipient of Distinguished Alumni Award of IIM Bangalore in 2009
has been a visiting faculty in
the Marketing area at IIM Bangalore since 1990. He has been teaching
the PGP and PGSEM programmers'. His areas of interest and focus are
Product Strategy, Customer Service and Strategic Selling. He has
consulted and worked with a large number of Indian and Multinational
companies in the country. He is also regularly invited as a speaker by
organizations and associations.
His recent notable assignments include:
- Director, SDM Institute for Management Development, Mysore
- Chairman of Custommerce Service Excellence Foundation, a not for profit Sec 25 organization to serve as a catalyst for service excellence in the country.
- Former Independent Director, Patni Computer Systems Limited
- Headmaster of The Lawrence School, Lovedale, Ooty
Prof. Ramesh is closely involved with various socially relevant issues and projects which include:
- Founder Member , Chairman and volunteer at Vishwas,
a not for profit counseling organization in Bangalore, that offers free
and confidential counseling services for people in emotional stress
- President, The Richmond Fellowship Society (Karnataka) – an organisation that offers care to mentally ill adults.
- President of the IIM Bangalore Alumni Association for two extended terms.