People Research on India’s Consumer Economy (PRICE) at IIM Udaipur is hiring a full-time Data Visualization Analyst to work in various primary and secondary data driven research studies. These studies are primarily involved the collection, analysis and visualisation of integrated data on how Indian households earn, spend, save, live, think, invest, accesses public goods, welfare, etc.
Data visualisation is about presenting large amounts of information in ways that are universally understandable or easy to interpret and spot patterns, trends and correlations. These representations include charts, graphs, infographics and other pictorial diagrams.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Making large and/or complex data more accessible, understandable and usable
- Transforming, improving and integrating data, depending on the business requirements
- Combining the data result sets across multiple sources (also known as the data federation)
- Delivering the data in a useful and appealing way to users
Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science (BCA, BE/B.Tech, MCA, ME/M.Tech)/ Applied Statistics or related field, minimum of 3 years’ experience.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work with large amounts of information and see the ‘bigger picture’
- Comfortable with juggling facts, figures, and number crunching
- Communication skills, both written and oral
- Critical thinking: able to look at numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings
Salary and Benefits:
The term of appointment will be for a period of Two years subject to renewal. Salary and benefits will be based on educational qualification and experience, reflecting competitive and best in industry.
Application and Deadline:
Please apply online through IIMU application portal with the following documents:
- Latest CV
- The application deadline is 5.00PM, August 20, 2021.
- Only the shortlisted applicants will be contacted.