Faculty Directory A to Z
- FPM (FINANCE),2015 - IIM Lucknow, India
- PGDM,2011 - IIM Lucknow, India
- B.Tech (IT),2006 - USIT, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, India
Work In Progress
- Sharma, P., & Vipul. (2017). Measuring diversification gains in international multi-asset portfolios.
- Sharma, P. (2017). Long-term persistence in corporate capital structure: Evidence from India.
- Assistant professor (Finance): IIM Sirmaur [July 2016 to May 2017]
- Assistant Professor (Finance): IMT Ghaziabad [August 2015 to May 2016]
- Management Associate: CitiBank [June 2011 to January 2012]
- Software Engineer: Indus Valley Partners [November 07 – March 2008]
- Software Engineer: Infosys [June 2006 – November 2007]
- Certified FRM® (Financial Risk Manager) by the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP).
- Highly Commendable Student Research Paper Award at the 2nd PAN IIM
World Management Conference organized by IIM Kozhikode (November 2014).
- Ranked 3rd in section in Term I at IIM Lucknow. Awarded certificate of merit and cash prize.
- Ranked 2nd in first year of engineering. Awarded scholarship and certificate from
Chief Minister of Delhi Mrs. Sheila Dixit.
- All India Rank 24 out of 35,521 candidates (99.93 percentile) in JMET – 09 conducted by IITs.
- Scored 99.95 percentile in CAT 2008. Above 99.25 percentile in all three examination sections.
- All India Rank 331 out of 73,122 candidates (99.55 percentile) in National Aptitude Test
2009 conducted by NIIT. Awarded merit certificate by Mr. Vishwanathan Anand.
- Highest CGPA in the coursework of the FPM program (2012 Batch) at IIM Lucknow.
- School Mathematics topper in class XII Boards examinations with 97% marks.
- National Stock Exchange's Certification in Derivatives Market with a score of 91.25%.
- Sharma, P., Paul, S., & Sharma, S. (2020). What’ s in a name? A lot if it has “blockchain”. Economics Letters (Forthcoming).
- Sharma, P. & Vipul. (2016), Economic benefits of using realized covariance forecasts in risk-based portfolios, Applied Economics, 48(6), 502-516.
- Sharma, P., & Vipul (2018). Improving portfolio diversification: Identifying the right baskets for putting your eggs. Managerial and Decision Economics, 39(6), 698-711.
- Sharma, P. (2017). Long-term persistence in corporate capital structure: Evidence from India. Research in International Business and Finance, 42, 249-261.
- Sharma, P., & Vipul. (2016).Forecasting stock market volatility using Realized GARCH model: International evidence. Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 59, 222-230.
- Sharma, P., & Vipul. (2015) Performance of risk-based portfolios under different market conditions: Evidence from India. Research in International Business and Finance, 34, 397-411.
- Paul, S., & Sharma, P. (2018). Quantile forecasts using the Realized GARCH-EVT approach. Studies in Economics and Finance, 35(4), 481-504.
- Paul, S., & Sharma, P. (2017). Improved VaR forecasts using extreme value theory with the Realized GARCH model. Studies in Economics and Finance, 34(2), 238-259.
- Sharma, P., & Paul, S. (2015) Testing the skill of mutual fund managers: evidence from India. Managerial Finance, 41(8), 806–824.
- Sharma, P., & Vipul. (2015). Forecasting stock index volatility with GARCH models: international evidence. Studies in Economics and Finance,32 (4), 445-463.