IIM Udaipur Incubation Centre presents a dynamic opportunity to serve as a platform to launch and develop ventures into scalable, viable and profitable businesses. It provides a platform for entrepreneurs and incubates to access the diverse resource of faculty and the entrepreneurial community. IIM Udaipur Incubation Centre will strive to be the primary focal point for students, faculty and the larger entrepreneurial community interested in innovation and finding a home for launching immersive experiences that are scalable businesses.
Associate Manager/Manager – Portfolio
Initial contract will be for a period of 2 years
Maximum CTC up to ₹ 60,000 fixed and consolidated, per month. This is the maximum possible CTC, and the final offer may defer.
Last date of receiving applications:
Oct. 31, 2021
This will be a mix of program operations and portfolio role. The person in this position will help the existing/new portfolio investment companies to raise the next round of funding and work closely with Seed Investment Committee in managing and supporting the portfolio of investments.
- Scout and evaluate applicants for creativity, innovation, acceleration, and investment stage.
- Work with startups in the program according to the frameworks and mechanisms as outlined by the Incubator leadership team.
- Ensure that the deliverables and milestones of the programs are being met and are meeting the stipulated timelines and budgets.
- Regularly interact and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure program performance.
- Look for newer avenues of partnerships and bring the same to the leadership team for further action.
- Effectively identify and organize relevant events like webinars, hackathons, etc.
- Support the investment committee in the execution of transactions by both identifying and summarizing key financial terms of said transactions and facilitating their closing.
- Monitor business performance of portfolio startups, interface with other key stakeholders (Investors/Mentors/Corporates) and facilitate industry connects.
- Gathering of financial and operational information from the portfolio companies and build internal reports accordingly to track performance across diverse metrics.
- Guide and support start-ups for fundraising activity.
- Hold regular meetings with portfolio companies on a 1:1 and group basis.
Qualification, Key Skills and Attributes:
- Graduate/postgraduate in any discipline with a minimum of 2 years of experience in an incubation centre/accelerator from a reputed institution/organization.
- Experience in managing innovation programmes and schemes by working in an entrepreneurial ecosystem/ incubator/accelerator facilitating innovations.
- Strong financial modeling/valuation, research & analysis skills with proficiency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated knowledge of start-up investment transactions & deal closures.
- Previous experience of being a founder of a start-up company will be an added advantage.
- Passion for pursuing a career in the domain of entrepreneurship eco system.
- Effective and strong network building capabilities to establish relationships with the various stakeholders and start-ups.
- Good interpersonal communication, organizational, and written communication particularly with social media.
- Good understanding of the emerging technologies and start-up landscape.