People Research on India’s Consumer Economy (PRICE) at IIM Udaipur is hiring a full-time Research Associate to work in various primary and secondary data driven research studies. These studies are primarily involved the collection, analysis and visualisation of integrated data on how Indian households earn, spend, save, live, think, invest, accesses public goods, welfare, etc.
The candidate is expected to possess relevant primary data analytical skills, a strong work ethic, as well as a strong motivation to work in this position. Persons holding Post Graduate in Statistics/Econometrics/Economics or related fields.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for analysing and interpreting the results of complex, internally- and externally research projects.
- Select and implement the appropriate analytical approach to achieve the research goals and objectives.
- Quality control insights and outputs to ensure accuracy, integrity, and application of best practices in data handling and analysis.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Has a minimum a post graduate degree in social sciences/MBA specialised in Statistics, Economics or Econometrics from a top tier university with a minimum 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Fluent in using analytical software (SPSS, STATA, etc.) to analyse large primary .
- Collect, clean, and maintain computer data sets and databases. Assist with data entry and ensure data integrity. Extract and link data from multiple databases for analysis. Prepare detailed documentation.
- Assist with data analysis and dissemination of findings through the preparation of reports, journal articles, presentations, web sites, and other research outlets.
- Perform case-based research, including work with detailed primary documents.
- Assist in the organization of research programs including conferences, seminars and workshops, and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Prepare presentations for teaching and research projects.
- Monitor the status of multiple projects and ensure that interim and final deadlines are met.
- Good written & oral communication skills.
Salary and Benefits:
The term of appointment will be for a period of Two years subject to renewal. Salary and benefits will be based on educational qualification and experience, reflecting competitive and best in industry.
Application and Deadline:
Please apply online through IIMU application portal with the following documents:
- Latest CV
- The application deadline is 5.00PM, August 20, 2021.
- Only the shortlisted applicants will be contacted.